Estimated Length: Open Ended
Note: Under Executive Order 75, all new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as described in the “COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement” section below.
The Client has a vacancy for a Lead PMO Analyst.
Client supports and maintains the financial and payroll systems of the City of New York. To achieve the high level of efficiency, reliability, and operability required for these types of systems, Client performs planned upgrades and scheduled maintenance on these systems.
The Financial System (FS) IT Project Management Office (PMO) has the primary responsibility for initiating, executing, managing, and reporting on projects that integrate with the core financial applications. Successful project implementation requires a structured Project Management discipline for software delivery, governed by a customized Client SDLC. The FS PMO Unit utilizes such an approach and is looking to increase its staff compliment with the addition of a Lead PMO Analyst.
The primary role of the Lead PMO Analyst, working under the direction of the FS Project Manager is to:
• Manage the overall FS IT Project Portfolio Governance process as well as the project management framework and project execution.
• Design, maintain and modify structured processes and work productions in areas such as: a) project planning, tracking, reporting; and b) project team organization, staffing and team set-up.
• Provide executive management reports and project guidelines.
• Assist Client Project Manager(s) with cost projection, tracking and reporting.
• Provide FS PMO leadership, guidance, and coaching.
• Work with project sponsors, business stakeholders, and IT managers to ensure that business cases and project charters are appropriately documented and meet project standards and practices.
• Ensure PMO daily activities and work product deliverables are completed.
• Track and monitor project deliverables to an on time completion.
• Supervise Client project management staff and ensure that a standardized set of procedures is applied to FS IT project work.
The Lead PMO Analyst will perform the following tasks:
• Develop and carry out standardized project processes and templates for status reporting, project plans, and System Development Life Cycle deliverables for an IT PMO, including project portfolio management.
• Ensure project management standards are being executed across the FS IT Project Portfolio.
• Be a champion for continuous improvements in the FS PMO and ensure industry best practices are leveraged.
• Create and maintain project plans including establishing weekly, monthly, and quarterly project plan processes that include, but are not limited to deliverable identification, establishing a plan baseline, plan updates, and plan reporting.
• Establish processes for tracking and reporting deliverable status and ensure consistency across different Client systems.
• Conduct portfolio management compliance monitoring.
• Analyze project requests to determine time frame, funding limitations (where applicable) and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
• Develop and produce Executive Management status reporting.
• Develop weekly status meeting agenda, reporting, and follow up action items to ensure timely completion of plan tasks.
• Provide training and education to business and technical staff on status reporting, creation of new or modification to existing project plans, and issue identification and mitigation strategy approaches. • Manage project scope, risks, issues and implement mitigation plans.
• Manage project team meetings to effectively achieve results with minimal supervision.
• Build alliances with business analysts, architects, operations, and vendors to work collaboratively across business segments.
• Coach team members in project management disciplines.
• Track and report deliverable status, ensure consistency across different Client system projects.
• Monitor and manage multiple active projects.
• Manage, report, and escalate project risks, issues and action items necessary to ensure timely project completion.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or 2. An associate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering, human computer interaction, interactive media, digital and graphics design, data visualization, communication or a related field, and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
3. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position and a specialization in a relevant technology, process, methodology and/or domain; or
4. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above.
• Proficient in MS Project including customizing MS Project fields for tracking and reporting status and portfolio management.
• Excellent skills with other MS products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio).
• Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle Methodology (SDLC).
• Knowledge and understanding of the Agile approach to project management.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain project management metrics.
• Minimum 5 years hands-on experience working as a Project Management Office Analyst. Responsibilities would include managing large projects occurring in parallel during the same timeframe for not less than 18 months in duration.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Project Management Office Analyst for a Software Development Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System (preferably an Accounting System Implementation).
• Successfully completed a minimum of 3 projects involving a full system development lifecycle as a Project Management Office Analyst.
• Project Management Professional certification a plus.