Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:0.00
*UPON START DATE CONSULTANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK NO MORE THAN 2 MONTHS FULLY ONSITE. ONCE WORK CAPABILITY IS ESTABLISHED, AND PROJECT NEEDS FULLY COMPREHENDED, CONSULTANT WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK A HYBRID REMOTE SCHEDULE (EXAMPLE: 3 DAYS ONSITE/ 2 DAYS REMOTE).
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this position is to plan for and execute the functional, non-functional and performance testing of applications and systems prior to deployment to ensure they are operating according to specifications and free of errors. This role may serve as test lead on large, complex projects overseeing all the testing responsibilities.
Client is updating the Peoplesoft system and need to execute Loadrunner for Performance Testing. Consultant will be responsible for configuring and executing Loadrunner PT software after FAT, SIT and QC testing.
• Contributes to the initial project design phase of a project(s), providing input on test plans, estimates, and test strategies for a project(s), working closely with clients and IT colleagues.
• May serves as test lead on large, complex projects overseeing all the testing responsibilities, performance strategies and script coverage throughout the SDLC.
• Reviews and approves requirements as testable for large and/or complex projects and ensures they are captured in the testing tool.
• Participates in the review of design, and configuration deliverables as input to test case development and performance script development.
• Prepares test scripts, manages test data, executes tests and documents results to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of processes.
• Executes test cases, compares results to requirements and reports defects to development, with limited guidance, to improve future processes.
• Provides expertise in a specialized discipline of testing (such as automation or performance testing) or a specialized testing tool. Provides guidance and leverages their expertise in this area of specialization.
• Evaluates, develops and/or manages tools or techniques used to support more efficient and effective testing.
• Proposes and develops standard test methods, for review by management.
• Mentors and develops more junior QA testing colleagues to contribute to their technical development
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of technical skills, principles, practices and procedures of testing methodologies, and a working knowledge in planning, designing and conducting a QA review and inspection. Understanding of different modes of testing such as Development, QC, SIT and UAT. Familiar with software test tools such as ALM, Jira, LoadRunner, Katalon etc. Familiar with Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) documentation (Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases, Scripts and Reports).
Education and Experience:
Typical candidates will possess 5+ years of relevant experience (such as in development, process methodology, IT systems) and/or a BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Skills and Information:
Working with Business User to configure and execute for PS testing