Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:40.00 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW CONSULTANT TO WORK REMOTELY. HOWEVER, THE CONSULTANT WILL NEED TO BE ONSITE 2 TIMES PER WEEK, AT A MINIMUM. THEREFORE, CONSULTANT NEEDS TO BE LOCAL TO NYC AND ABLE TO TRAVEL TO OUR OFFICE WITHOUT ISSUE, AS NEEDED (AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE).
This position is responsible for leading and assisting in the development, implementation, and support of security architectures and solutions including security frameworks and roadmaps within the corporate business and Operational units across the Client agencies. It also includes securing enterprise information by determining security requirements, planning, implementing, and testing security systems with a team player environment. The following desired knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for this position. Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans. Knowledge of common information security management frameworks. Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools and desktop security tools. Ability to develop, document and maintain security policies, processes, procedures, and standards. Knowledge of network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls and the associated network protocols and concepts. Strong analytical skills required to analyze security requirements and relate such requirements to the appropriate security controls. Responsibilities include the following.
• Should have lead or manager experience in the past positions.
• Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
• Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks, wide area networks, virtual private networks, routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures, including use of certification authorities and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
• Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
• Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
• Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Track and understand emerging security practices and standards by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
• Lead the evaluation, design, and development of Active Directory & Azure Active Directory technical requirements, solutions, and implementation roadmap to ensure functional, reliable, secure and cost-effective technology environment
• Experience with automated provisioning of Dev/Test/Staging and Production environments using Infrastructure as a Code
• Experience with VMWare Infrastructure and Hypervisor Security Hardening
• Capable of communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
Additional Skills and Information:
Active Directory Hardening and Architecture Security
Management / Team Lead Experience