Estimated Length: ESTIMATED 12 MONTHS+ Avg. 35 hours per week based on SME availability for meetings and other requirements (50 - 60% of work on site - 5 or 6 days in the office every two weeks)
SUMMARY OF THE FUNCTION/ROLE
(A brief description of the nature and objective of the project)
The EAM Program Management Office is seeking one temporary consultant to support the new
Client EAM vision, mission and strategic objectives, by creating and supporting OCM efforts targeted at increasing transparency and creating awareness about the Client EAM efforts. In addition, the need for OCM support at the agency level has increased as the agencies move into implementation of various beta and implementation efforts. Several agencies have no OCM support and need help with some OCM related work including: increasing the visibility and buy in for their efforts agency wide, conducting survey, developing resistance management plans, creating agency based OCM plans, engagement strategies, etc. to support the execution of their beta and implementation efforts.
a. Support the Client OCM enterprise level initiatives lead by the Dept. Dir OCM
b. Lead the creation, planning and execution the enterprise EAM rewards and
c. Supporting enterprise communication efforts and lead some new communication
efforts both internally and externally
d. Work with agency EAM leads to assess OCM communication and project support
needs, create related plans and provide phased support
e. Monitor implementation process and execute surveys
RISKS (required by Client Risk Management)
• Describe the type of work consultant: Desk work only. Sometimes will have to report to
Client agency office locations.
• whether any work will be performed within 50 feet of track right-of-way (yes or no) NO
• Whether the work may involve areas with environmental risks (lead, asbestos) --
substantial or minimal (yes or no). NO
DELIVERABLES & DUE DATES
1. OCM communications assessment for each agency (web site, quarterly updates, exec
communications and stakeholder engagement. Plan for and monitor progress.
2. OCM assessment, create relevant plans and recommendations for current efforts for
each agency who don’t have OCM support
3. Plan and execute phased agency OCM support as approved by OCM Dept Dir
4. Support the enterprise OCM and communications efforts internally and externally
(create videos, enterprise communications, etc)
5. Lead the development and execution of EAM Reward and Recognition efforts:
o Plan and produce a EAM awards meeting/event at 2 Broadway in 2022 including (PM
Leadership award, KPI improvements and superlative awards, advancements in agency internal
EAM awareness communications award, etc).
o Develop a EAM Rewards and Recognition program plan and criteria to highlight achievements
across the agencies and create friendly competition that supports the advancement of EAM
implementation and acknowledges the hard work of the agencies and workforce.
o Plan an EAM awareness Day to be launched in each agency and hosted by agency leaders in
6. Some OCM project management documentation support and KPI development
All source files will be provided to the Client. All work will be supervised by the Client EAM,
Dept Dir Enterprise Capability Building and Change Management
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Preferred minimum of 7 years’ experience in Organizational Change Management
• Advanced Proficiency in developing communications plans and related collateral (i.e.
newsletters, program announcements, content for digital mediums, etc.
• Proficiency in designing communications collateral for (i.e. newsletters, program
announcements, content for digital mediums, websites, etc.
• Experience with planning stakeholder engagements/events
• Experience developing rewards and recognition programs and events
• Excellent oral, written, presentation, and communication skills
• Ability to multitasking and manage multiple projects
• Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels of
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to independently set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, a
• Willingness to take direction from internal OCM Leads
• Flexible in approach and adaptable to an imperfect environment that is sometimes
resistant to change
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint version 2010 or higher
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project version 2010 or higher