Estimated Length: 12 Months Work hours:37.50 Est. OT Hrs/Wk:0.00
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL ALLOW CONSULTANT TO WORK ON A HYBRID REMOTE SCHEDULE (3 DAYS ONSITE/ 2 DAYS REMOTE) UPON START.
This position falls within the IT Workload & Program Management Office (PMO) Division of the Client Headquarters Information Technology Department and the selected candidate will fulfill Project Manager (PM) responsibilities and tasks. Client Corporate IT Products office? is responsible for executing the portfolio of IT initiatives and projects by applying an enterprise-wide approach to best practice project management standards and methodologies. The PM will serve as an essential manager and contributor to the New Fare Payment System project, and the development of a new/legacy Data Warehouse/Data Lake system for reporting purposes.
The role requires significant interaction with cross-functional departments within the organization and excellent communication and relationship management skills.
Experience should include a solid background in project documentation, requirements gathering, report analysis, working with technical resources/vendors during the design, development, testing, and implementation phases of the project to ensure business needs are being satisfied. Experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies are required.
Work Location will be in Manhattan and other Client facilities as required. Work schedule could be a hybrid of in-person and teleworking based on Product Director’s guidance, clients’ needs, and consultant’s performance.
• Leads the project and/or program team through the project and/or program lifecycle process
• Develops project and/or program plans and manages resources, project and/or program schedule and budget to meet deliverables
• Integrates the work of large teams with members across agencies and functional departments, to deliver project/program success and ensure benefits realization• Collaborate with all business units within the Client agencies to understand the priorities for the New Fare Payment System development, translate these priorities into actionable resource plans, and managing these projects to successful completion
• Conducts feasibility, risk, regulatory compliance, and Return on Investment (ROI) analyses as needed, and presents recommendations
• Ensures all deliverables and commitments are met and the project is in compliance with relevant standards, laws, regulations and methodologies
• Establishes or clarifies project or program scope and business objectives with relationship managers and/or business clients to ensure quality, accuracy and delivery time
• Interfaces with clients and management to manage expectations, provide status updates on project/program and discuss concerns. Is accountable for ensuring resolution of concerns/issues
• Reviews and evaluates all phases of project controls by conducting stage gate reviews and project steering committee briefings
• Manages the project/program schedule with a comprehensive understanding of the critical path and recommends schedule changes to address schedule control issues as needed
• Addresses unusual and non-recurring problems by devising approaches to assess the situation, developing and testing options, and introducing new procedures or tools, as necessary
• Redesigns the project team continually, including the roles and skills required, as the project or program evolves, to ensure the delivery of project or program results
• Reviews business functions, understands/elicits clients’ requirements and evaluates output requirements and formats for a new/legacy Data Warehouse/Data Lake system
• Analyzes and documents stakeholder needs/processes, and identifies gaps, areas for improvement, and solutions
• Manages multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication
• Coordinates deployment of software releases with IT, Agencies and Vendors
• Coordinates and documents release test plans and execution results with agencies and IT
• Functions independently with limited work direction
• Work with other areas of IT to strategically ensure IT continually meets user needs, is as efficient and effective as possible, and works to continually be proactive
• Direct the analysis required to determine, such as if IT projects should follow a “Build” (develop with in-house staff) or “Buy” (cloud or packaged solution) methodology
• Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
• Expert knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and software packages including Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid
• Proven ability to identify gaps, conflicts, dependencies, and constraints in scope, requirements, delivery, training, and deployment and work with necessary parties for resolution
• Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, including the ability to develop and implement controls
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• High level of professional integrity and work ethic with a dedication in providing high quality service
• Self-starter, highly motivated and result-driven professional
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and recognize the need to pivot in a changing environment with appropriate sense of urgency and commitment for critical deliverables
• Proven effective problem solving, decision making, critical thinking and analytical skills
• Excellent planning, organizational, coordination, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills
• Ability to work and attend meetings in different Client office locations in person
• Experience implementing Transportation Industry IT Solutions, such as database, cloud and data warehouse
Education and Experience
• 7+ years’ of relevant experience in Project Management
• 3+ years’ experience managing a matrixed team consisting of business users, database/data warehouse developers, quality assurance/control specialists, infrastructure support staff, vendors, systems/business analysts is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Data Analysis or related field.
• Proven track record in developing and mentoring effective project managers or business analysts in delivering large, complex projects or programs.
• Advanced level proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project).
• Experience with HP ALM, Jira preferred.